Recently I have been on a little beauty kick, discovering new brands and favorites along the way! Today I have rounded up all my holy grail beauty products, in all categories and why I am totally crushing on all of them. Not to mention, I have below the curling iron that I always use (and the one I get so many questions on) and every single one of my favorite lipsticks that you always see in my blogposts and Instagram pictures!
A lot of these products are great for school (the perfect size) and some are things I have been using for years. PS, if this helps anyone with figuring out what types of products to get, I have: a fair complexion, relatively thin & straight hair, naturally dirty blonde but now color treated hair, mild acne, and dry to normal (but sensitive) skin type!
1. Eau So Fresh - This has been my perfume of choice for a few years now! I absolutely adore the light, feminine scent and think it's perfect for anyone who doesn't like their perfume to be extremely overpowering.
2. Aveeno Body Wash - I have been using Aveeno for my skincare for quite a while now and I won't use anything else for body wash! This stuff lathers up so well (you only need a little bit) and the smell is incredible...so relaxing! I always get the lavender scent and I think it's the best!
3. Miss Spa Facial - I absolutely love this brand and just discovered them at Target while picking up some essentials for my trip to France! I actually bought the eye de-puffer pads and have repurchased them since because they worked so well. They have so many great options like facial masks and pore cleaners!
4. Aveeno Facial Moisturizer - As I mentioned above, Aveeno is my number 1 choice for skincare and so of course I use the moisturizer as well! I love that the formula isn't too thick or greasy. The smell is really pleasant and I have never once broken out from using any Aveeno products. PS, I get the moisturizer that has a little salicylic acid in it to help with acne!
5. Smith's Minted Rose Balm - This lip balm was a random discovery at Sephora with my mom and it is the best. I love the little tingle it gives my lips because of the mint, and the formula is so rich and creamy. The other night I put it on before bed and the next morning it was still on my lips! This stuff is magic, I swear. The only downside for me, is the fact that you do have to dip your finger in, which isn't ideal if you are out and about, touching germs all day. I think I may have to purchase the tube version next!
1. Make Up For Ever HD Powder - My mom introduced me to this translucent powder last year and I have been using it ever since! This powder feels so light after putting it on and leaves my face feeling so soft. I use this after my BB cream to set it and sometimes throughout the day to tone down any shine.
2. Maybelline BB Cream - I've been using this BB cream for around 2 years now and I still love it to this day. I wear the lightest shade and sometimes switch to medium in the summer when I have a little tan. If you need a foundation or BB cream that has very high coverage, this is not the product for you. I have very mild acne and struggle mostly with redness and blackheads so this is the perfect product for me. It feel so light after I put it on and doesn't look heavy at all. It definitely color corrects my face and makes my skin tone look very even, which is what I need most! PS, this is what I am wearing in every single photo I take!
3. Real Techniques Brush Set - I snagged this set from Kohls and it is the perfect little kit! I generally use my beauty blender for my BB cream so I didn't need a foundation type brush. I use the biggest brush for setting powder, the first brush for blush, and the tapered one for highlight.
1. Buxom Mascara - This is my all-time favorite mascara...when I feel like spending the money on it! This brand is sold at Sephora and is a little more on the pricey side (I think $18) but the formula is amazing.
2. Revlon Eyebrow Pencil - This eyebrow duo was a great find at the drugstore and it's so inexpensive! I use the light brown color and it looks perfect with my hair. There is a pencil on one side to fill them in (my brows are pretty sparse in some areas) and a colored gel on the flip side for making sure they stay in place all day!
3. Maybelline Falsies Mascara - I use this mascara almost every day and I absolutely adore the brush and how thick the formula is. The actual brush is pretty big, and if you put on too much, can sometimes give a little of a clumpy effect. Is it bad that sometimes I like that?! I just love really big full lashes, so this has always been my go-to!
4. Elf Highlighter - Since I don't usually use any eyeshadow, I love popping on a little highlighter every so often! This one is a great price (only $3!) and the pigment is amazing.
1. Benefit Coralista Blush - I have been using this blush since high school and it's still one of my absolute favorites. This blush is so versatile...the peach color is perfect for Spring and Summer and even better in the Fall. The best part? This blush looks amazing on all skin tones and smells really stinkin good.
2. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush - This is one of the blushes in my Ambient Lighting Palette and it is so gorgeous. There are almost little specks of highlighter in it and it gives the most beautiful glow to the cheeks!
3. Hourglass Palette - While Hourglass doesn't sell the exact palette that I have anymore, this one is a close second! The shades are absolutely beautiful and the size is perfect for traveling.
4. Too Faced Milk Chocolate Bronzer - I don't use bronzer too often, but when I do, it's always this Milk Chocolate one! Firstly, not only does this product work amazing, it smells incredible. This color is absolutely perfect for anyone that has fair skin but also works on darker skin too!
1. Loreal Pink Flamingo - This is one of my all time favorite "pop" of color lipsticks. The hot pink is the perfect shade for summer and I love the way it looks against my skin. I'm wearing it in the photo above and sported it most of the time I was in Hawaii!
2. Rimmel London Nude in the City - I have to say this is hands down one of my favorites lipsticks I have ever bought. The color is the perfect nude and the formula is so creamy and easy to wear. I wore this my entire trip to France (save for a few red lip days) and it is now my go-to for an every day lip color.
3. Revlon Pink Cloud - This color is such a baby pink and looks perfect when going for a heavier eye or blush. It's the best soft pink lipstick I have ever found! It also looks great layered in top of other pink lippies.
4. Rimmel London Kate Moss - If you are looking for a really bright and bold red, the lipsticks from the Kate Moss collection are for you! I save this matte lipstick for special occasions and the color is outstanding! It also has great staying power so you don't need to check it constantly throughout the day!
5. CoverGirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Balm - These little chubby sticks are perfect for days when you just want to throw on a little color but don't have time to look in a mirror and apply it. These colors aren't too intense, perfect for school, and can be applied just like a lip balm!
6. NYX Butter Lipstick - I adore these butter lipsticks! I discovered them while looking for some nude shades to try out and I have never found a product that was so creamy to use! The formula is absolutely amazing and the color choices are phenomenal. If you are looking for inexpensive lipsticks to try out that also have great color payoff, check these bad boys out!
1. Pantene Color Revival - I have been using this shampoo ever since I put more ombre in my hair and I love the way it makes my strands feel so nourished and healthy! This shampoo makes my hair feel so clean after washing but not like the nutrients have been stripped completely. Since I have never highlighted or bleached my hair (only ombre, so nothing too intense) this is the perfect shampoo for me.
2. Wet Brush - Sometimes trying to just use a comb to get the tangles out of wet hair can be the biggest pain, so I love that this brush is formulated to work like a comb! Using a regular brush on wet hair can break and tear at your strands, so this brush is perfect to get the job done because it is specifically made to brush out wet hair without breaking it!
3. Conair Infiniti Pro Dryer - I have been using this hair dryer for a while now and love how my hair looks after! I have really thin hair and if I let it air dry it goes super flat, so having a great dryer is essential for me! I dry my hair using this with a roll brush.
4. Conair Infiniti Pro Gold - While this curling iron doesn't get as much use as my blue one, I love this one for days when I just want some very loose waves in my hair. Almost to look like I didn't curl it but it still has a little bounce. You can see this iron in action from my hair in the picture above!
5. Conair Infiniti Nano - This curling iron is the one I reach for almost every single time that I want to curl my hair. If you have ever seen my hair curled in any Instagram or blog post, I have most likely curled it with this wand! You can find my hair tutorial post using this iron, here.
6. Batiste Dry Shampoo - I have always had hair that seems to get very dirty, really quickly. I generally have to wash it every other day just because I can't stand the way it looks and feels! I recently stumbled upon this dry shampoo while packing for Paris and I absolutely love using it the next day after washing! It makes my hair feel like I just freshly washed it and doesn't leave a lot of residue. It also gives my hair lots of volume, as opposed to some products that can weigh down hair.
What are your beauty essentials?