Hello, hello, hello! Long time, no talk. I haven't been posting for a while as there have been a whirlwind of things going on lately, which I will talk about in a later post. Today, I want to focus on two things...1) this adorable leopard romper and 2) the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!
I bought this romper a few weeks ago and I think it is absolutely adorable! The material is so nice and thick and because it has that little ruffle at the top, no bra required...that's always a plus in my book! I have been loving it as a pool coverup because the material is one that can get wet from a bathing suit and thrown in the washer right after and it won't be damaged! I also think it looks so cute paired with bright lipstick and earrings for a night out. PS, how fun are those pom pom earrings?! Yes, I have an obsession 😉 Also, just a little FYI, I purchased this romper in an XS and it's still a little loose, so if you are thinking about buying it, size down!
Moving on to the most fun part of today's post...the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! I cannot believe it's already here...and neither can my wallet lol. Since the sale officially starts tomorrow, I wanted to go over a few little tips on how to navigate it, as it is a HUGE sale! PS, if you have never heard of this sale and totally don't know what I am talking about, here's a little info...Nordstrom has a huge sale every single summer where all of their incoming fall and winter clothing is discounted majorly. How amazing is that?! So everyone that shops the sale is basically stocking up for the upcoming winter months. In August, after the sale is over, the items will still be available, however they will be full priced again.
1. Consider getting a Nordstrom card. Definitely give this some thought if you 1) are serious about the sale and getting the things that you want first 2) know that you won't go too crazy with it. If you are good about paying off your credit card bills on time and have a good credit score, this may be a good option for you. I opened up a card last summer for this sale and am so glad that I did! I only have one other credit card so it didn't seem too crazy and I only ended up using it for two purchases. The big thing about having a Nordstrom credit card is that you have a whole week to shop the sale before non-card holders! That means you have access to everything before it sells out. You also get points towards later purchases and $100 for alterations.
2. Shop online and in store. Last year I almost didn't go in the store because I prefer to shop online instead. However, there are many perks to shopping both ways! I have found that sometimes an item may be sold out online but they will have it in the store and vice versa. Last year I also went and tried on a bunch of things that I was going to order and it saved me a lot of money because I would have returned half the stuff I was about to order!
3. Even if you don't want to entirely plan out your shopping list, try to take a quick glance in your closet to see what you already own. This will help you make purchases for the upcoming months. Maybe last year you stocked up on a lot of really cute shoes so this year you won't need any. Try to make a little inventory so that you know what you need to buy during the sale!
4. Make thoughtful purchases! This is especially hard for me because I am sometimes really bad at impulse buying! This year I am going to try to be a little more cautious and think about what I really want, because I don't want to spend too much. Before I buy anything, I try to picture the item worn three different ways to ensure that I will actually get good use out of it!
5. Lastly, don't be too discouraged if something ends up selling out! Chances are you might be able to find it in store and sometimes they restock items throughout the sale. So if you have your eye on something (last year it was a Patagonia pop-over for me) bookmark the item so you can keep going back to it to see if it comes back in stock!
shop the post